Procedures for Handling and Reporting ADA/EEO/Title VI Complaints/Investigation and Lawsuits
Any individual may exercise his or her right to file a complaint with Regency Taxi if that person believes that he or she have been subjected to unequal treatment or discrimination because of a disability, in the receipt of benefits or services, and in employment. We will report any ADA/EEO/Title VI complaints to COG within three (3) business days (per COG requirements), and make a concerted effort to resolve complaints locally, using the agency's Nondiscrimination Complaint Procedures. Regency Taxi’s ADA, EEO and Title VI policies can be found onsite or upon request.
All ADA/EEO/Title VI complaints and their resolution will be logged and reported to funders
The complaint is to be filed in the following manner:
1. A formal complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged occurrence.
2. The complaint should include
- The complainant's name, address, and contact information (i.e., telephone number, email address, etc.);
- The date(s) of the alleged act of discrimination (if multiple days, include the date when the complainant(s) became aware of the alleged discrimination and the date on which the alleged discrimination was discontinued or the latest instance);
- A description of the alleged act of discrimination;
- The location(s) of the alleged act of discrimination (include vehicle number if appropriate);
- An explanation of why the complainant believes the act to have been discriminatory on the basis of race, color, and national origin;
- If known, the names and/or job titles of those individuals perceived as parties in the incident;
- Contact information for any witnesses; and
- Indication of any related complaint activity (i.e., was the complaint also submitted to COG or FTA?).
3.The complaint shall be submitted to the ADA/EEO/Title VI Manager at 8201 Snouffer School Road Gaithersburg, MD 20879.